Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Remember back to July?

Where to even begin when you are so far behind?  I just pick some of my favorites and go from there.  Like most people, we had a busy and wonderful summer.  Lots of family and friends!

One of my most favorite times this summer was our Williams Family Reunion 2013.  Due to a lot of different reasons, we hadn't been able to get all together for about 5 years.  Way too long!  And we were still missing a niece Camille and a nephew Ethan.  But we had a majority and we made the best of it.


 
We had a lovely hike & picnic out at Silver Falls.





 
 
We spent a hot afternoon at the local watering hole. 





This is Talmadge. And I have to admit I truly enjoyed this kid that week.  He is a miracle child, being born after aspirating meconium for a suspected two days.  He should have died a number of times and should have a lot more set backs than he does.  He has significant hearing loss and is delayed a year or two in development, but he is bright and happy and crazy and super fun. 

I had the best time just watching him play in the water.  He was in heaven.  (And I got some cute pictures.)  All week he loved to dress up and play fight.  On the first day together, he "shot" me and of course I had to fall over and die with my tongue hanging out.  So then for the whole week, every time he saw me he had to shoot me and wait for me to dramatically expire.  I got exhausted from dying so much but it was worth gaining his friendship. And my own sign language name.  In the deaf culture you should wait until someone with hearing loss assigns a name to you.  Now in Talmadge's world, my name is a two-handed gun shoot.  Just like I always imagined it would be. :)

 
Some people weren't interested in getting wet.


This week Jonah sure loved his women.  And took advantage of any time one of them would hold him. I can't blame him.  He has pretty cute aunts and cousins.


 
 
There are more pictures than I could possibly post on my blog.  I feel so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful family.  I love and enjoy my in laws so much and would be friends with all my brother and sister in laws even if we weren't related.  I am so lucky!




"I love you!!"
 
 
To end, I'll just leave y'all with this FAB-ulous image. 
 
You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting...I think you PROMISED you wouldn't post that last picture...hmmm... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such great pictures. Thanks, Nati.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have a submission to Awkward Family Photos on our hands....

    ReplyDelete